Cucumber salad is known as an indulgent comfort food staple. It’s creamy, crunchy, refreshing and tangy all in one bite. I’ve taken all the things to love about the original and given it a vegan spin.
If you’re looking to work more veggies into your plant-based diet, this vegan cucumber salad is loaded with flavor and won’t make you feel as though you’re compromising on taste. And unlike the original version of cucumber salad, this recipe strikes the balance between creaminess and tang without being heavy or too creamy.
Crunchy & Creamy Vegan Cucumber Salad
Taking just under 10 minutes to prepare, this vegan cucumber salad is one of the easiest recipes to make. Hints of red onion, dill, red wine vinegar and vegan mayo make this salad taste just like the classic. Even the most seasoned comfort food foodie will be happy with a bowl.
The simplicity of this recipe lies in its ease of preparation: just cut, mix and eat. When I make this salad I reach for English cucumbers. I find they have less seeds than other varieties and carry a juicy flavor that gives the snap you’re looking for in every bite. Peeling the skin from the cucumbers is optional as it will be delicious either way!
To get a uniform thickness, I use a mandoline to slice the cucumbers. If you don’t have one, think about investing in one for your kitchen – It can really save time and frustration when a recipe calls for uniform cuts!
Vegan cucumber salads are best served while it’s still crunchy (not soupy). Prepare this dish right before you’re ready to chow down and serve immediately. The flavors pair well with vegan meat dishes and potato-based meals. Let me know what you like to pair with vegan cucumber salad.
Looking for more exciting salads to make? Try my other go-to recipes:
Crunchy, creamy and refreshing cucumber salad recipe with a tangy bite. It tastes like an indulgent comfort-food favorite but healthier and better for you.
- 2 Long Cucumbers
- 1/4 Red Onion
- 1/4 Cup + 1/8 Cup Vegan Mayo (Any Brand)
- 3 Teaspoons Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/4 Teaspoon Pepper
- Dill - Enough For 1 Tablespoon When Chopped
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- Begin by washing the cucumbers and dill, then pat dry.
- At this time you can choose to peel the cucumbers or leave the skin on.
- Slice the cucumbers around 1/8" thick. I use a mandoline to get uniform cuts.
- Next, cut the red onion into thin slices, around 1/16". Once sliced, cut into quarters.
- Finely chop the dill so it looks like small sprinkles.
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients and mix until everything is evenly distributed.
- Serve immediately so that the salad still retains a satisfying crunch.
Slicing the cucumbers too thin will make a mushy salad that lacks crunch. So make sure you're aiming for a thickness of around 1/8".
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size1/8 Bowl
Amount Per Serving Calories 62Total Fat 1.12gSodium 90mgCarbohydrates 2.75gFiber .5gProtein .5g
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @plantbaseddogguy on Instagram and hashtag #plantbaseddogguy to share your awesome food.