Few things beat a delicious plate of loaded vegan nachos. They are crunchy, indulgent and offer an explosion of flavor. Loaded nachos make a great dish to share as a family meal or at large gatherings.
To really hit the spot, these tortilla chips are topped with creamy vegan cheese sauce, seasoned black beans, crumbled meat, salsa, pickled jalapeños, red onion, green onion, cilantro and lime. The various components work together to create a layered dish that is anything but one note. The best part is, for as decadent and as rich as this dish tastes, it is surprisingly low in fat and calories.
Making The Perfect Plate Of Loaded Vegan Nachos
With about 70% of the dish already ready-made, preparing a plate of loaded vegan nachos is easy. You’ll just have to make two components: First, make this creamy cheese sauce made with a butternut squash base. Secondly, prepare a crumbled vegan meat seasoned with your favorite blend of spices.
From there, build layers of flavor with the toppings – scooping generous heapings of the delectable cheese sauce. Build layers in the following way: tortilla chips, black beans, crumbled meat, salsa, pickled jalapeños, red onions, green onions, cilantro, vegan cheese sauce and a squeeze of lime on top.
Looking for ways to add variety to this dish? Switch out the black beans for kidney beans, smashed chickpeas or pinto beans. Another easy way to change it up is by using other types of vegan “meats”, such as chicken strips or shredded jackfruit.
There are so many ways to change the flavor profile, this meal never gets boring! Leave a comment below if you make a plate of these delicious loaded vegan nachos.
Loaded vegan nachos topped with vegan cheese sauce, black beans, crumbled meat, salsa, jalapeños, red onion, green onion, cilantro and lime.
1/2 to 1 Cup Vegan Nacho Cheese Sauce
- 1 Medium Sized Butternut Squash
- 6 Tablespoons Nutritional Yeast
- 6 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 Tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- 4 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- 2 Tablespoons Sriracha Sauce (less or more depending on spice level)
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Milk
Vegan Taco Meat
- 8 oz. The Alpha Crumble Meatless Sausage (or vegan meat of choice)
- Preferred Mexican Seasoning Blend
- 1 Red Onion
- 1 Green Onion
- 10 Sprigs of Cilantro
- Pickled Jalapeños
- Canned Organic Seasoned Black Beans
NACHO CHEESE SAUCE
- Prepare a medium sized pan with extra virgin olive oil and place on medium heat.
- Have a blender on hand to mix the ingredients together.
- Peel and then roughly cube butternut squash.
- When the pan is hot, add the butternut squash and sauté until soft. As the squash is sizzling, season with salt and pepper.
- Once the butternut squash is soft (you'll see char marks on the outside of the cubes), put in the blender.
- Add all the other ingredients into the blender.
- Blend until a smooth nacho cheese sauce develops.
- Set aside 1/2 to 1 cup sauce for assembling nachos.
VEGAN CRUMBLE MEATLESS SAUSAGE
- Cook vegan meat as described on the packaging.
- Add your favorite mexican seasoning blend to add flavor and spice.
- When done, set aside and keep warm until you're ready to build your loaded nachos.
- Depending on the type of black beans you're using, prepare in either of the following ways:
- Seasoned black beans: Heat on the stove and keep warm until ready to top nachos.
- Black beans: Drain and then rinse beans. Place in a saucepan set on medium heat. Smash the beans as they warm up and add your favorite blend of seasoning. Keep warm until ready to build nachos.
- Finely chop the fresh cilantro and green onion.
- Neatly dice the red onion.
- Cut the lime into wedges.
ASSEMBLING LOADED NACHOS
- Loaded nachos is all about building flavor through the layered ingredients. Be as generous as you want with all the toppings!
- Start by spreading a layer of tortilla chips on a plate.
- Spoon black beans on top of the chips.
- Evenly distribute the vegan meat over the chips and beans.
- Dish out generous amounts of salsa onto the chips.
- Place pickled jalapeños on top, adding as many as you want for desired spice level.
- Next, sprinkle the cubed red onion all over the nachos.
- Continue by adding the green onion and cilantro.
- Drizzle vegan nacho cheese sauce all over.
- Add more salsa, red onion, cilantro and green onion on top.
- Serve with the wedges of lime for a hint of brightness.
Try selecting tortilla chips made from interesting flours like cassava, flax seed or quinoa to sneak in a bunch of nutrients under the tasty toppings.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size1/4 Recipe
Amount Per Serving Calories 456Total Fat 20.6gSodium 528mgCarbohydrates 43.8gFiber 15gProtein 18.7g
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @plantbaseddogguy on Instagram and hashtag #plantbaseddogguy to share your awesome food.