This kidney bean salad combines zingy flavors with a ton of crunchy and fresh elements. It’s a medley of healthy raw veggies and tasty kidney beans enveloped in a light apple cider and olive oil dressing.
Typically, salads are not the kind of dish you make ahead. But this salad breaks the rules. Curiously, the longer it sits, the better it tastes.
The Perfect Make Ahead Salad
Kidney bean salad is perfect to make during the week when you’re pressed for time. There is zero cooking involved and the fridge takes care of developing the flavors for you – making this salad meal planning friendly.
In just 4 steps it’s done – simply julienne the veggies, prepare the dressing, toss it all together and let the flavors do it’s thing overnight.
The next day you’ll bite into a salad with big flavors, lots of crunch and fresh components. And with 16 grams of vegan protein per serving, it packs a fair amount of nutrition.
The thing I love most about this recipe is that it eats well with any type of bean – pinto beans, chickpeas, black beans, butter beans, you name it – and you can use whatever fresh vegetables you have on hand. The options to create a different salad each time you make the recipe are endless. Try making it for yourself to discover your favorite combo.
Looking for more exciting salads to make? Try my other go-to recipes:
This kidney bean salad combines zingy flavors with crunchy and fresh elements. It features raw veggies and kidney beans in a light dressing.
- 28 oz. Organic Kidney Beans (2 Cans)
- 3-5 Cloves Garlic
- 3 Medium Sized Carrots
- 1 Large Green Bell Pepper
- 3 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 9 Tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Teaspoons Onion Salt
- Salt & Pepper To Taste
- Fresh Parsley To Garnish
- You'll need a bowl large enough to mix all the ingredients in, and a spoon to do the mixing.
- Drain and wash the kidney beans in a strainer. Let it sit for a few minutes to let the excess water roll off.
- Start by peeling the carrots and cut them into matchsticks. I highly suggest buying a mandoline to do all the cutting for you - it cuts prep time by more than half. Set the carrots aside.
- Next, cut the bell pepper into slices and then cut into smaller pieces so it's the same size as the kidney beans. Set the bell pepper to the side.
- Peel the garlic and chop finely. Depending on how garlicky you want the salad to taste, use between 3-5 cloves.
MAKING KIDNEY BEAN SALAD
- Put the chopped garlic in the large bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Next, add the extra virgin olive oil and apple cider vinegar to the bowl.
- Add onion salt and mix well.
- To the bowl, add the carrots, bell pepper and kidney beans. Gently fold the ingredients after each addition.
- Refridgerate the salad for at least 12 hours. The longer it sits, the better it tastes!
This dressing is very versatile and can be used as a go-to for any salad preparation.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size1 Cup
Amount Per Serving Calories 275Total Fat 6gSaturated Fat .8gSodium 270mgCarbohydrates 42gFiber 10gProtein 16g
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @plantbaseddogguy on Instagram and hashtag #plantbaseddogguy to share your awesome food.