An authentic greek feta salad is a medley of fresh cucumber, ripe cherry tomatoes, tangy red onion, briny Kalamata olives and creamy feta cheese (note that I omitted lettuce from the ingredients list as it is not traditionally in a Greek salad).
The bold Greek flavors come together over crisp vegetables and a homemade vinaigrette dressing. It’s a zippy and refreshing salad that packs a lot of flavor and is the perfect companion to Mediterranean dishes, pita sandwiches and flatbread pizzas.
How To Make Authentic Greek Feta Salad
A bowl of feta salad is crispy, crunchy, fresh and delicious. To build unmistakably Greek flavors into the salad, I rely on a homemade vinaigrette made from spices, oil, vinegar and lemon. It’s a versatile dressing that can be used beyond this salad and drizzled on flatbread, sandwiches and as a marinade.
Once the dressing is made, the hardest part is already done. Next, simply chop the ingredients into small bite sized pieces and toss in the vinaigrette dressing.
For the finishing touch, top with evenly cut cubes of vegan feta (I use Violife, which is beautifully smooth). The feta cheese gives a creamy and salty component that prevents the vinegary and briny flavors from becoming too aggressive.
This Greek feta salad is one of the most delicious salads you can make. It’s got bold Greek flavors, plenty of fresh ingredients and a creamy, cool finish. Try making it as a side or as a light lunch. As always, let me know if you make this salad in the comments below!
Bite into this authentic vegan Greek feta salad recipe. It features a homemade vinaigrette, bold Mediterranean flavors and fresh ingredients.
- 3 Tablespoons Vinegar
- 5 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Teaspoons Onion Salt (I Recommend Trader Joe's Brand)
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder or 3 Fresh Garlic Cloves
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Basil
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1 Lemon
- 3/4 Red Onion
- 1 English Cucumber
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 25 - 30 Cherry Tomatoes
- 15 Kalamata Olives
- 4 Tablespoons Homemade Vinaigrette
- 1 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Oregano
- Fresh Thyme (To Garnish)
- 1 Block Vegan Feta Cheese (I Recommend Just Like Feta by Violife)
MAKE THE HOMEMADE VINAIGRETTE
- If using fresh garlic, chop finely.
- Squeeze the juice of one lemon and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine all the vinaigrette ingredients and stir.
- Store in a glass mason jar and use on salads, flatbread pizzas, sandwiches and more!
MAKE VEGAN GREEK FETA SALAD
- Using 3/4 of the red onion, cut into slices and then chop into smaller pieces.
- Leaving the skin on, slice the cucumber into rounds and then quarter them.
- Put the red onion and garlic into a bowl and coat with 2 tablespoons of the vinaigrette - This will keep the cucumber looking fresh.
- Next, finely dice the garlic and add to the bowl.
- Drain the Kalamata olives and quarter them.
- Also cut the cherry tomatoes into quarters.
- Combine the remaining ingredients into a mixing bowl and add 2 more tablespoons of the vinaigrette.
- Top with chunky cubes of vegan feta cheese such as Violife Just Like Feta and enjoy!
- If you don't have all the ingredients to make the homemade vinaigrette, cheat your way to flavor with Boar's Head Deli Dressing.
- Try drizzling with a balsamic glaze for extra flavor.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size1 Cup
Amount Per Serving Calories 270Total Fat 28gSaturated Fat 8gSodium 790mgCarbohydrates 3g
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @plantbaseddogguy on Instagram and hashtag #plantbaseddogguy to share your awesome food.