This vegan creamed spinach is ready in less than 15 minutes. It’s creamy, tasty and a little bit garlicky. The flavors are deeply rich and incredibly cheesy, even without the dairy!
Using only 5 ingredients, this simple creamed spinach recipe packs a lot of flavor and can be eaten as a dip, as a side or stuffed inside savory pastry rolls.
How To Make The Best Vegan Creamed Spinach
Creamed spinach does not get easier than this recipe. Start by finely mincing garlic and then sautéing it in extra virgin olive oil until golden. Soon after, add in washed and dried spinach and season with salt and pepper to taste. When the spinach is wilted, add the cream cheese, shredded mozzarella and nutritional yeast to the pan. Stir quickly to combine and cook on low heat until the creamed spinach thickens up.
Remove the creamed spinach off heat and serve! This recipe is incredibly simple and most like the original recipe when it comes to taste. If you are stuffing the spinach into pastry, allow the dip to cool before rolling up in the dough.
How To Make Pastry Shells
Using store-bought crescent rolls, open the can and unroll the dough. Cut the dough into long rectangular strips. One can should wield around 6 pastry strips. Next, roll up sheets of aluminum foil into 6 cone shapes (one end will start off wide and taper into a narrow end). Taking one pastry strip at a time, start at the narrow end of the cone and wrap the dough around to create a carrot shape.
Once all the strips are rolled, bake in the oven according to package directions. After baking, allow the pastry to cool completely before removing the cones. Stuff with the creamed spinach dip for a hand-held appetizer.
This is one of the easiest recipes for creamed spinach out there. The quantities can easily be doubled (or tripled) for large gatherings but it’s also perfect as a side for a mid-week dinner. If you try making this recipe, leave a rating below and don’t forget to tag @PlantBasedDogGuy on Instagram!
For more easy sides, try these recipes:
This 5 ingredient creamed spinach is ready in 15 minutes. The flavors are deeply rich and incredibly cheesy, even without the dairy!
- 1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper (To Taste)
- 5 Cloves Garlic
- 9 oz. Spinach
- 1/3 Cup Vegan Cream Cheese (I Recommend Tofutti)
- 1/3 Cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese (I Recommend Violife or OATzarella)
- 1 Tablespoon Nutritional Yeast
HOW TO MAKE VEGAN CREAMED SPINACH
- Start by finely mincing 5 fresh garlic cloves and then sautéing it in extra virgin olive oil, until golden.
- Soon after, add in washed and dried spinach and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- When the spinach is wilted, add the cream cheese, shredded mozzarella and nutritional yeast to the pan.
- Stir quickly to combine and cook on low heat until the creamed spinach thickens up.
- Remove the creamed spinach off heat and serve! If you are using the creamed spinach as a filling, allow it to reach room temperature before rolling in pastry dough.
Spinach releases excess moisture as it cooks. Because of this, it's important to wash and dry the spinach with paper towels before adding it to the pan.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size1/4 Serving
Amount Per Serving Calories 85Total Fat 5gSodium 175mgCarbohydrates 6gSugar 0gProtein 2.5g
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @plantbaseddogguy on Instagram and hashtag #plantbaseddogguy to share your awesome food.