Scrambled tofu is an easy breakfast meal that takes no time at all. It makes a plentiful amount and is perfect for serving at large gatherings or saving for second breakfast.
Thanks to nutritional yeast, spices and fresh herbs, tofu can be transformed into tasting like a plate of flavorful scrambled eggs.
How To Make Vegan Scrambled Tofu
This recipe is one of my favorites because it’s ready in under 20 minutes and is an easy family-style breakfast. If you like your scrambled tofu with fresh sautéed vegetables, follow my recipe to make a Southwest-inspired tofu. Start by dicing up the ingredients and sautéing them until golden.
To prepare the tofu for scrambling, simply open the package of firm or super firm tofu and drain the water. Next, add the block of tofu to the pan and smash into crumbles using a fork or spatula. During this time any extra liquid will cook out of the tofu. This should take around 5 minutes.
Next, add the nutritional yeast and dry spices into the pan and stir until well mixed. The tofu will turn a golden color and will look similar to scrambled eggs! To finish off the tofu and give it a texture closer to that of eggs, add in the 1/4 cup of plant based milk. Stir together and just before serving, sprinkle with fresh parsley.
This simple scrambled tofu recipe is as tasty as eggs and can be eaten in a variety of ways. Enjoy them in tortilla wraps, as part of a traditional fry-up breakfast or with rice for an easy lunch idea. If you enjoyed this recipe, subscribe to my newsletter, leave a rating below and don’t forget to tag @PlantBasedDogGuy on Instagram!
For more delicious and easy breakfast ideas, try these recipes:
Vegan scrambled tofu is the perfect centerpiece for an egg-free breakfast. Every bite is flavorful, savory and buttery.
- 16 oz. / 1 Block of Firm/Extra Firm Tofu
- 2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 Onion or 2 Shallots
- 4 Large Garlic Cloves
- 2 Jalapeños (Seeds Removed)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Sea Salt + More For Seasoning Vegetables
- 3 Tablespoons Nutritional Yeast
- 1/2 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon Tumeric Powder
- Jamaican Curry Powder To Taste (I Recommend JCS Reggae Country Style)
- 1/4 Cup Plant Based Milk
- 1 - 2 Tablespoons Fresh Parsley
HOW TO MAKE SCRAMBLED TOFU
- To make a Southwest-inspired tofu, start by dicing up the onions, garlic and jalapeños. Set a pan on medium-high heat, add extra virgin olive oil to the pan and then add the chopped ingredients to the pan. Season with salt and sauté until golden.
- To prepare the tofu, open the package of firm or super firm tofu and drain the water. Add the block of tofu directly to the pan and smash into crumbles using a fork or spatula. During this time any extra liquid will cook out of the tofu. This should take around 5 minutes. Stir until the vegetables and tofu are evenly mixed.
- Next, add the nutritional yeast and dry spices into the pan and mix together. The tofu will turn a golden color and will look similar to scrambled eggs!
- To finish off the tofu and give it a texture closer to that of eggs, add in the 1/4 cup of plant based milk. Stir together and just before serving, sprinkle with fresh parsley.
Unlike other tofu recipes, you won't have to press the tofu to remove excess moisture.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 98Total Fat 4.5gSodium 200mgCarbohydrates 5gFiber 1.5gProtein 12g
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @plantbaseddogguy on Instagram and hashtag #plantbaseddogguy to share your awesome food.