Smoothies are a healthy way to fuel your mornings. One of my favorites is this simple banana date smoothie recipe. It’s unabashedly bananary, caramelly and sweet.
Banana date smoothies make a filling breakfast and have an almost dessert like quality to it – which is never a bad way to start off the morning.
How To Make A Banana Date Smoothie
You only need 5 ingredients to make this smoothie and, thanks to the magic of a blender, it only takes 1 minute. You’ll need bananas, dates, vegan milk, cinnamon and vanilla to create this delicious breakfast concoction.
Blend it all together and pour into mason jars to enjoy on the go or the next day. For a boost of protein in the smoothie, add a protein powder of your choice to the blender.
Try making this smoothie for a convenient and filling breakfast. It’s got a wonderful taste any one can enjoy and might even make you feel guilty for having a sweet treat before midday.
This banana date smoothie recipe is bananary, caramelly and sweet. Using only 5 ingredients recreate this delicious smoothie at home.
- 1 Banana
- 5 Medjool Organic Dates (Less or more depending on desired caramel flavor)
- 1 Cups Vegan Milk (Oat milk for a creamier smoothie, almond milk for a thinner smoothie, coconut beverage milk for a hint of coconut)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Cups Ice
- Hot Water (To loosen dates)
HOW TO MAKE A DELICIOUS BANANA DATE SMOOTHIE
- Cut dates into small pieces and throw away the seeds.
- Place the dates into the blender with a splash of hot water to loosen up the fibers.
- Pulse until a date paste forms.
- Add the vegan milk, followed by the cinnamon, vanilla and banana.
- Lastly, add ice and blend until smooth.
- Store in mason jars and chill or serve immediately.
- Try adding a boost of protein with plant based protein powder.
- If you want a cold smoothie without using ice, simply peel the bananas, slice them and place in the freezer for at least 2 hours. Take them out of the freezer when you're ready to make the smoothie.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size1 Serving
Amount Per Serving Calories 330Total Fat 2.9gSodium 160mgCarbohydrates 75gFiber 8gSugar 57gProtein 1g
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @plantbaseddogguy on Instagram and hashtag #plantbaseddogguy to share your awesome food.